- Publisher: Sage Publications, Inc.
- Editor: Steven L Danver, PhD
- Edition: 1
- Available in: Hardback
- Published: October 12, 2016
The SAGE Encyclopedia of Online Education is a first-of-its-kind comprehensive treatment of the world of online education. This three-volume project provides a thorough, engaging reference work on the ever-expanding field of online education, which has many aspects that are not well understood. This work serves to remedy this with authoritative materials for users at every position within the online educational structure, from students to administrators. More so than the technology itself, though, the use of such technology to facilitate effective learning by students will be the central focus. The perspective, much like the subject itself, will be interdisciplinary, and the content should prove useful to administrators, teaching faculty, and students alike.
Key topics explored through over 350 entries include:
- Technology used in the online classroom
- Institutions that have contributed to the growth of online education
- Pedagogical basis and strategies of online education
- Effectiveness and assessment
- Different types of online education and best practices
- The changing role of online education in the global education system